WRITE FOR US
Interested in contributing to PAGES? You’re in luck.
PAGES is a quarterly trade magazine about SEO. We’re happy to consider contributions from anyone with SEO expertise and a passion for helping others learn.
Past contributors to PAGES include authors from SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Moz, Ahrefs, Drift, Page One Power, Siege Media, and other thought-leading digital marketers.
Take a look at these guidelines if you plan to connect with us about writing for PAGES.
THE TARGET AUDIENCE
PAGES is a magazine for people interested in SEO. Many of these individuals are digital marketers who might not specialize in SEO, but would like to learn more about the field. Others are familiar with the field and are exploring PAGES because it is a new, unique take on SEO news and informative content. PAGES is visually-driven, curated, and engaging.
- Please provide both a brief outline of your proposed contribution (including your title and any main subtopics) and any important biographical information in your initial email to us.
- Please also submit a photo of yourself and any relevant biographical information along with your article.
- Aim for 500 to 1200 words when writing your article for PAGES.
- Your article will be published both on the PAGES blog and in PAGES magazine. Editors reserve the right to edit submissions to meet the requirement of the magazine format and style standards.
- PAGES is a place where we talk about how SEO benefits people, introduce SEO concepts, and tie them to tangible benefits for the reader.
- Keep the format in mind as you write — a magazine isn’t a place where the reader can easily immediately access additional information. If your article relies on external links or screenshots for clarity, the version published in PAGES will likely require edits.
- Try to focus on “why,” and use “how” to support your points and ideas.
- Good SEO work makes the internet a better place. Focus on SEO concepts and tactics that benefit both SEOs and web users at large.
- Articles should be written to help beginners get excited about SEO. Make your contributions friendly, helpful, and human.
- Because of the format of PAGES, contributors are encouraged to avoid relying heavily on images in their articles. Contributors can submit images along with their article if those images are used to help explain a concept more clearly or demonstrate a step in a process, but do not need to submit featured images.